Monday 26 September 2011

Shaun Leane @ Goldsmith's Fair


Leane's Hawthorne Cuff
I walked up the stairs at the Goldsmith's Fair Private View this evening and the very first person I spoke to was my most favourite designer, Shaun Leane. I've seen, and tried on his jewellery in Selfridges, at IJL and I've read about him, but wasn't expecting to meet him. Putting on his jewellery is like wearing cool silk, it is so smooth and beautiful.
He showed me his latest work, the Bound Collection, inspired by Masai tribespeople. He absolutely loves going to Africa. He told me that he has an outlet in Hong Kong and is soon opening in Beijing and Shanghai. I wish him lots and lots of success in China! He looked so busy the rest of the evening, so the opportunity to chat with him was a real treat.
Shaun Leane exhibits every year, but I hadn't registered him before as I only discovered his incredible work earlier this year.......Better late than never!




Other work and makers I enjoyed seeing this evening were
Wright and Teague and the stunning pared down
minimalist works of art by Vladimir Bohm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.