Saturday 5 May 2012

Istanbul Patterns

Turkish tea and roses 
I didn't make it to China this year, but I travelled East and got nearly halfway there - to Istanbul for a few days. Love the cultural fusion of West, Middle East and Asia.

I even found the jewellery quarter and made some essential purchases. I stumbled across helpful and friendly sellers just outside the Old Bazaar. I haven't been able to find roses this small in China, so am really pleased with this purchase. Yesterday I claw-set the first one on to my new branch necklace which will be unveiled at Treasure (now only 5 weeks to go!).

Here's a small taster to give you a flavour of the fusion of East/West designs.

Old Bazaar Lights
stunning window which was unfortunately in the Circumcision Room of the Palace:(


Haggia Sophia intricate wrought iron

Palace tiles 2

 Istanbul was a blast of colour, pattern, noise, cultures and definitely worth a trip. I can't wait to go back!
Old Bazaar Lights

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.