Monday 13 November 2017

Cara Gordon Masterclass

Members of the AADE  took part in a fantastic workshop at the Ulster Museum on Saturday with Cara Gordon, learning how to create a narrative through drawing.


Using collage techniques and adding texture, we drew bold charcoal images on top and I was amazed at the results we produced.

It is the opposite of the way I've been drawing recently - detailed pencil work and currently working on a drawing that has now taken hours and is still not finished.

It was a breath of fresh air to draw like this and I loved walking around the museum for inspiration.

My new favourite museum object is this boat with billowing sails on the ground floor. Cara directed us so well and I think got the best work out of each one of us.

Cara's book of collaged figures

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.