Saturday 23 November 2013

Still life: Chinese Bowls

I've enjoyed immersing myself in colour again, this time developing my still-life series of  Yunnan tea cups, bowls and blossom. All painted with Oil bars, some of them handmade from Sweden: Bivaxoljekwritor:) 

A way of slowing down and observing what I see in front of me. It becomes a meditation on the object itself, making associations with time spent in China and what I've seen out there. 
By using oil bars and a pallet knives, I can't work in great detail. It's an impression of what is there, capturing something about the object without reproducing it as I would in my drawings. 

I'm looking forward to developing this series over the next few months and making some of them available for sale online. 


Puer Teacup and Orange Blossom 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.