Tuesday 28 September 2010

Scruffy shoes at Goldsmith's



I had a wonderful time at Goldsmith's Fair http://www.thegoldsmiths.co.uk/ early this evening, looking at the best of silversmithing in the UK. My favourite this year has to be Miriam Hanid. She uses repousse and chasing techniques, getting inspiration from the fluidity of water. I love the texture and delicate patterns on her silver bowls, with tiny diamonds embedded. So stunning.

I was dressed fairly smartly apart from my shoes. But after being offered a glass of chilled white wine, I forgot about the unglamorous scuffs and totally enjoyed seeing the amazing variety of work, chatting to some of the makers.

Other work that caught my eye were pieces by Esther Lord www.estherlord.com , Theresa Nguyen www.theresanguyen.co.uk , Hidemi Asano and Chien-Wei Chang www.chienweichang.co.uk  - loved the delicate recepticals and 'spoons' with long handles, featuring bamboo forms and rosewood, with tiny flashes of red fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.